The Greg May Honda Service Center would like to offer some advice to car owners to help them prep their vehicles for the forthcoming winter. Here are three simple tips we think you should consider before things get really chilly in Waco:
1. Listen to your car.
Although your car obviously won't tell you when it isn't functioning as well as it used to, it may start to make subtle noises to warn you of potential issues. If it makes hesitation noises when you turn on the engine, your battery could be weak. If you hear grinding or squeaking when you stop your car, your brakes probably need attention. And if your car whines in any other way, it may be a good idea to get it checked out to set it up for success this winter.
2. Take a closer look at your tires.
If their tread looks worn down, or if they look slightly deflated, it's best to take action now before you end up in an unsafe situation when there's ice on the road. Check your tire pressure and fill your tires up with air if needed. And if your tread is severely worn down, it may be a good idea to invest in some new tires.
3. Check your heating/defrosting system.
Haven't used your car's heater or defroster yet this year? Test it out now before temperatures dip for the duration of winter. If it doesn't seem to be up to snuff, take it in to get checked out. Oh, and it's also a good idea to check your antifreeze levels to make sure you have enough antifreeze for the upcoming chilly season.
If you think your car could use some extra attention or maintenance before winter, we encourage you to consider stopping by our service center at Greg May Honda. Oh, and be sure to check out our service coupons beforehand!
Which new minivan do you want to start 2015 off in? If you're still trying decide, Greg May Honda is here with some critical information! Specifically, we'd like to outline how the 2015 Honda Odyssey compares to the 2015 Nissan Quest when it comes to its advantages. Here are ten ways it shines:
1. The new Odyssey is an Insurance Institute for Highway Safety Top Safety Pick +. The new Nissan Quest is not.
2. An available lane departure warning system and forward collision warning system for select trim levels further distinguish the 2015 Odyssey as a safety trailblazer.
3. Car and Driver test results indicate the 2015 Odyssey accelerates to high speeds faster than the 2015 Quest.
4. The Odyssey comes with larger front brake rotors than its Nissan rival. Plus, Motor Trend determined that it stops shorter from 60 mph.
5. The Odyssey's cargo area is larger than the Quest's. Plus, its third row seat folds completely flat into the floor to allow for extra room.
6. The Odyssey boasts an available in-vehicle vacuum, a feature no other minivan offers.
7. Bluetooth wireless connectivity is a standard feature in all new Odyssey models. It only comes standard at select Quest trim levels.
8. Intellichoice estimates it costs between $1,797 and $5,164 less to own an Odyssey for five years than it takes to own a Quest.
9. The 2015 Odyssey can accommodate up to 8 people. The Quest only has seating for 7.
10. With computer-generated active noise cancellation, the Odyssey offers a quiet ride. The Quest doesn't come with this feature.
Need more reasons to pick the 2015 Honda Odyssey over its rivals? Take a test drive at Greg May Honda, and discover some more!
Proud to be a Central Texas Honda Dealer!
The 2015 Honda lineup has been full of pleasant surprises, from standard backup cameras to available advanced collision warning systems to the restyled CR-V's rise to the top of its class thanks to its state-of-the-art features. Luckily, Honda has even more in store for the 2016 lineup, including a brand new addition, the 2016 Honda HR-V. Greg May Honda is waiting patiently for the 2016 Honda HR-V's arrival to our Waco dealership this spring, but we're happy to announce Honda is tiding us over with some details about the HR-V and everything it'll offer. They released these details after they debuted the new Honda mini SUV at the Los Angeles Auto Show last month. Here are some things we know the new HR-V will offer:
Available continuously variable transmission (or standard six-speed manual)
Available four-wheel drive (and standard two-wheel drive)
A 1.8-liter, 4-cylinder engine that produces 138 horsepower and easily propels the vehicle around with finesse
Standard Bluetooth integration
A standard backup camera
An available blind spot monitoring system
Available push-button engine control
A Magic Seat, which allows the vehicle to boast 58.8 cubic feet of cargo room
An available sunroof
Available heated front seats
Standard Pandora compatibility
This is just what we know the new HR-V offers so far. We're pretty sure Honda will add some other cool specs to this vehicle before it's released. Check back for more forthcoming updates about the 2016 Honda lineup from Greg May Honda! And if you're ready to see everything the 2015 lineup brings to the table, take a gander at our inventory!
Greg May Honda is a proud member of the Central Texas Honda Dealers.
2015 crossovers are arriving to dealerships near you in droves! If you're checking out your 2015 crossover options in Waco, Greg May Honda has some good news. Most of your options are solid. The not-so-good news is that, because you have so many awesome options, choosing the best fit for your needs can be a struggle. Luckily, we're here with some information to aid you in your decision-making process. If you want to know more, in particular, about the 2015 Nissan Rogue and the 2015 Honda CR-V, we've got the scoop in terms of how they compare and how the CR-V shines. Here are 7 advantages the new Honda CR-V brings to the table:
1. The CR-V's standard 4-cylinder engine produces 15 more horsepower than the Rogue's standard 4-cylinder engine (185 hp vs. 170 hp).
2. The new CR-V is 4 inches shorter than the Rogue, which makes it easier to maneuver on the road and park in tight spaces.
3. Although shorter, the CR-V still manages to have more front hip room, front shoulder room, rear headroom, rear legroom, rear hip room, and rear shoulder room. Plus, its cargo area is larger with its rear seats down: 70.9 cubic feet vs. 70 cubic feet.
4. The CR-V can tow up to 1,500 lbs. The Rogue can only tow up to 1,000 lbs.
5. Intellichoice estimates that it costs between $2609 and $2856 less to own a CR-V over a five-year period than it costs to own a Rogue. This estimate takes depreciation, insurance, fuel, fees, repairs, and maintenance into consideration.
6. Extras like a remote vehicle staring system, a telescoping steering wheel, and available rear seat controls for the radio distinguish the CR-V as a leader in the realm of ergonomics. The Rogue doesn't offer these features.
7. The 2015 Honda CR-V was named the 2015 Motor Trend SUV of the Year. The 2015 Nissan Rogue was not.
Ready to test out the CR-V for yourself? Schedule a test drive at Greg May Honda!
Greg May Honda is a proud member of the Central Texas Honda Dealers.
Greg May Honda is excited to present you with some new offers on new Honda models thanks to this year's Happy Honda Days Sales Event. These offers apply to a number of 2014 and 2015 Honda models. Those looking to lease a new Honda have multiple opportunities to do so at a low monthly cost. Plus, qualified customers looking to purchase a new Honda can do so for just 0.9% APR for 24-60 months on many models. If we've piqued your interest, here are some specific offers associated with Happy Honda Days (down payments may be required, and some restrictions may apply):
$279 per month for 36 months when you lease a 2015 Honda Odyssey LX, $149 per month for 36 months when you lease a 2015 Honda Fit LX, and $269 per month for 36 months when you lease a 2015 Honda Pilot LX.
0.9% APR when you buy a 2015 Odyssey or 2015 Pilot.
$189 per month for 36 months when you lease a 2014 Accord LX, $269 per month for 36 months for 2014 Accord Hybrid models, and $199 per month for 36 months when you lease a 2014 Accord Coupe.
0.9% APR when you buy an Accord Sedan or Accord Coupe.
$159 per month for 36 months when you lease a 2014 Honda Civic LX Coupe or Sedan.
0.9% APR when you buy a 2014 Civic.
Find out more about how you can benefit from Happy Honda Days at Greg May Honda! Oh, and if you know you're interested in one of the offers mentioned above, please schedule a test drive with us!
Greg May Honda is proud to be a member of the Central Texas Honda Dealers!
Greg May Honda is thrilled to announce that Automotive News named the Greg May dealerships the best to work for in North America! The publication named Greg May Chevrolet the #1 dealership to work for and Greg May Honda the #2 dealership in the nation to work for. This is quite an honor for our family of dealerships. We're proud of how we treat our employees, and we're proud of this recognition.
At Greg May Honda, our sales staff doesn't earn their pay using a traditional commission structure. Instead, they're paid based on the average gross of their monthly deals. Automotive News recognized us for our unique pay system. They also highlighted our diamond ring reward system. When one of our sales team members sells 20 cars in one month, he or she is given a ring. A diamond is added to that ring every time a sales member sells another 20 cars in a one-month period.
Automotive News also highlighted our commitment to promoting from within, which keeps our turnover numbers low. The publication interviewed our general manager, Kyle Binner, about the systems we have in place to ensure the success and fulfillment of our employees. Binner cited the efficient way we run our dealership as one of the main reasons our employees are so satisfied.
If you're interested in employment at one of the best dealerships to work for in North America, we encourage you to fill out an online application with Greg May Honda. We're always looking to add highly dedicated individuals to our dealership family!
Greg May Honda is a proud member of the Central Texas Honda Dealers.
Wondering how the 2015 Honda Accord and the 2015 Nissan Altima compare? Greg May Honda in Waco is here with some of the important information you need about these 2015 mid-size cars, specifically regarding how the 2015 Honda Accord distinguishes itself in comparison to the 2015 Nissan Altima. Here are eight ways the new Accord shines:
1. Daytime running lights are a standard safety feature included in all 2015 Accord models. Plus, Accord EX-L/Touring models offer standard collision warning systems. The new Altima doesn't offer these safety specs.
2. The 2014 Accord, which has the same body structure and features as the 2015 Accord, was named a "Top Pick Plus" by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety. The 2014 Altima was only given the title of "Top Pick." (2015 models haven't been fully tested yet).
3. Consumer Reports predicts that the V6 Accord models have 75% better reliability than V6 Altima models. And Consumer Reports predicts 4-cylinder Accord models have 82% better reliability than 4-cylinder Altima models.
4. The Accord's available V6 engine produces 278 horsepower, while the Altima's available V6 engine only produces 270 horsepower.
5. The 2015 Honda Accord Sedan is rated a "Partial Zero Emissions Vehicle" by the EPA. The 2015 Nissan Altima is only rated a "Super Ultra Low Emissions Vehicle."
6. According to Motor Trend tests, the new Accord stops in 115 feet from 60 miles per hour, while it takes the new Altima 130 feet to stop from 60 miles per hour. Other publications, including Car and Driver and Consumer Reports, also found that the Accord stopped shorter from high speeds than its Nissan competitor.
7. With gas-charged shocks, the 2015 Accord is a champ even on the choppiest of roads. The 2015 Altima isn't equipped with gas-charged shocks.
8. The new Accord's standard dual zone air conditioning keeps occupants comfortable and better in control of the temperature inside the vehicle. Only select Altima trim levels offer this essential ergonomic feature.
Ready to see everything the 2015 Accord offers at different trims? Schedule a test drive at Greg May Honda!
Earlier this month, Greg May Honda outlined some of the amazing things to expect from the redesigned, 2015 CR-V. Now, we're back to sing the praises of the new CR-V a little more. Yesterday, we got word that Motor Trend named the new Honda crossover their 2015 Motor Trend SUV of the Year! This Motor Trend title is highly sought after by redesigned SUVs each year, and it's most definitely an honor for the new CR-V to receive this recognition from the top automotive publication.
Other vehicles considered for the 2015 Motor Trend SUV of the Year position were the 2015 BMW X5, 2015 Porsche Cayman, 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe, 2014 Jeep Cherokee, and 2015 Cadillac Escalade. Each of these vehicles definitely brought some impressive specs to the table, but the CR-V was still able to outshine them!
Motor Trend claimed the 2015 CR-V's safety specs as well as its enhanced mechanics are a big part of why it qualified for the top title. The new CR-V's continuously variable transmission (CVT) and its Earth Dreams engine make it stand out in terms of performance, according to Motor Trend. The magazine also commended the new Honda for its lane departure warning system, which is so advanced that it will even briefly steer the CR-V without a driver's assistance, in case of emergency.
CR-V fans, are you as excited as we are at Greg May Honda about the 2015 CR-V's new title as 2015 Motor Trend SUV of the Year? If you are, we have some additional exciting news! The 2015 CR-V has officially arrived at our dealership in Waco! Schedule a test drive today!
Greg May Honda would like to announce that the redesigned, 2015 CR-V is currently on its way to our dealership in Waco! Honda started shipping the vehicle out to dealerships today, and the automaker released the full scoop on the new compact crossover yesterday. The CR-V comes with plenty of exciting updates. Here's what you should know about what's new about the 2015 Honda CR-V:
An updated 2.4-liter, 4-cylinder engine that now uses Earth Dreams technology to enhance performance and fuel efficiency. Like the engine in the 2014 CR-V, this updated engine produces 185 horsepower, but it takes torque up a notch, producing a total of 181 lbs.-ft. The 2014 CR-V produced 163 lbs.-ft. of torque.
New continuously variable transmission (as opposed to the 2014 CR-V's 5-speed automatic) allows for an incredibly smooth ride and increased fuel conservation.
According to EPA estimates, the new CR-V with front-wheel drive offers a combined fuel economy rating of 29 mpg, a highway fuel economy rating of 34 mpg, and a city fuel economy rating of 27 mpg. The all-wheel drive CR-V now gets a combined fuel economy rating of 28 mpg, a highway fuel economy rating of 33 mpg, and a city fuel economy rating of 26 mpg. (Based on 2015 EPA mileage ratings. Use for comparison purposes only. Your mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle).
Both the exterior and interior of the CR-V include some stylistic changes that make the 2015 CR-V appear sleeker and more refined than previous models.
The 2015 CR-V boasts a new Touring trim level, which includes advanced safety technology like adaptive cruise control, automatic braking, a forward collision warning system, and a lane departure warning system.
Interested in the redesigned, 2015 Honda CR-V? Get in touch with us at Greg May Honda. We'll make sure you're among the first to know when the new CR-V arrives to our dealership. If you're still researching all of your new car options, we also encourage you to check out all of our new Honda models!
Football season is here, and Greg May Honda wants to make sure your car is ready for tailgating and all of your adventures on the road! So, we're offering a number of car service discounts to help you get your Honda in phenomenal shape. Here are just a few of the our current service specials, which are valid until the end of September:
4-Wheel Alignment Special
There are a multitude of benefits associated with getting your wheels aligned. Doing so extends the life of your tires, improves the way your car handles, and helps you conserve fuel. Right now, you can save $10 on this service at our service center (with the valid coupon).
Oil Change Special
You can't beat our oil change, now priced at $24.95 with the valid coupon! As a part of this special, we switch out your filter, rotate your tires, check your tire pressure, and top off all of your car's fluids.
Road Trip Special
Taking any road trips this fall? If you are, you'll love this special, which includes a tire rotation, wheel alignment, oil & filter change, and multi-point inspection for only $109!
Air and Cabin Filter Special
Need a new air filter and air cabin filter? You can have both for just $89.95 with this special! This service ordinarily costs $122.90. So, take advantage of the reduced price while you can, if you need these filters replaced!
Ready to start saving on car maintenance at Greg May Honda? Print off your coupons from our service center, and consider scheduling your service with us before you stop by!